Thursday, April 12, 2012

Criticism

Chicago critics
vs. my thoughts




Each and every one of you might have a different opinion on this play. Some people can say that it was brutal, pointless and boring. Others view it as a perfect depiction of a family disruption and a life in general. Let me tell you what the critics from Chicago think of this play and later on I will share my thoughts as well.

According to Chicago critics, it was brutal, revolting and repugnant. I found on the internet an article about Buried Child. Some writer of a local newspapers trashed this play a big time. However, he was very opened with  no barriers and I have found some comments saying that he was right and blunt. Well, I cannot agree with them but we will get to that later. Apart from this "Chicago guy critics" I found another, more pleasant, information about the play. It was written by another writer from Chicago, but unlike this one, he had a point and he highly recommended the play. He was among the people who think of this play as a perfect depiction of a family disruption and a life in general. He explained how the author bluntly displayed what happens when you do a really bad think and you keep it a secret. Moreover, he even praised the author for making it so real, mysterious and for being able to cover the farm depression at the same time as well.

I must agree with the other guy who thought that it perfectly depicted family disturbance. You know it just happens and it is not uncommon nowadays either. So, I think that it is a good example of how not to live your life and how to learn from your mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment