Saturday, April 14, 2012

Movie



Is there a movie which has a plot strongly based upon this play??

No, I don't think so. I've searched the internet and I wasn't able to find not a single one. Although, I had found some movies that have a story which resembles the story in Buried Child. I also found some movies that have at least one of the themes shown in Buried Child. So, let me tell you which movies.

Girl, Interrupted
- this movie is seriously good. Well, it does not have the exact same content as Buried Child, but it contains one of the themes that were depicted in Buried Child. The theme is incest. In this movie [Girl, Interrupted] is a girl who has some mental problem so they take her to mental facility. Once she's there she gets to know many different girls with different problems. One of the girl is being released from the facility. Later on, they find out that the girl [Britany Murphy] who left the institution is having an incestuous affair with her father and that she actually enjoys it. This movie also has two actresses that I like >> Angelina Jolie, Britany Murphy. Like I said, it is not based on the play Buried Child. There is just one thing that these two works have in common and it's the theme incest. But I really like this movie and I remembered it, so I wanted to write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment